An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Site Manager to join the team in this well established and fast growing leading façade contractor.
Alumet is able to offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role based on site in London.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
You will be responsible for managing the site team and ensuring successful on-site project delivery with accountability for site installation.
- Taking the lead role on site on projects under your control (or supporting the Contract Manager).
- Liaising with Contract Managers, Sub contractors, suppliers and Head Office.
- Contractual correspondence.
- Controlling and allocating site labour, plant and materials.
- Leading and managing PM’s, Logistics Operatives and sub-contractors/supply chain partners.
- Programming and planning of all works.
- Ensuring daily and weekly site records are accurate and up to date and ensuring all Quality and Health & Safety control documents are completed.
- Ensuring a high standard of quality and workmanship is achieved.
- Ensuring Risk Assessments are prepared and complied with.
- Ensuring Method Statements are prepared; any deviation from Alumet’s main Health and Safety Plan must be covered by a ‘task specific’ Method Statement. Ensuring that Method Statements are complied with.
- Managing Health and Safety on site; rigorously following safe systems of work and relevant procedures.
- Ensuring that all necessary checks and forms are completed prior to any work being undertaken.
- Ensuring all elements of the project are delivered within budget and within time constraints.
- To ensure that any absences from site are communicated to the Contracts Manager so that temporary cover can be arranged if required and any actions noted.
- Manage own workload and organise the site team.
- Ensuring that all on site members of the Alumet team have individual name and Alumet labels on hard hats and also that they wear an Alumet Hi-Vis.
- Maintain areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Ensuring that the ASTA system is up to date for your specific project in conjunction with the Contract Manager.
- Continual review of methods of work, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability.
- Provision of aftercare services to the client.
- Leading all site meetings in conjunction with the Contract Manager.
- Strict control of Day work sheets.
- Implementing the Snag R system on site.
- Strict signing off of sub-contractor’s sheets/invoices in conjunction with the Contract Manager.
- Maintaining effective and long-term relationships with clients.
- Being pro-active in the identification and resolution of problems.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- To carry out PDRs as necessary.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply and ensure those under your control comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Managing, supporting and mentoring members of the team in their personal development.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Identifying training needs and development within the department.
- Curtain walling experience.
- High degree of initiative.
- High level of leadership and management skills.
- Technical experience and knowledge.
- Commercial and financial ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Design background desirable.
- Experience in team leadership.
- Proven track record of site managing large building envelope contracts.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.