An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Remedial Site Engineer to join the team in this well established and fast growing leading façade contractor.
Alumet is able to offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
Purpose of job/basic function:
This role is to undertake repairs to various façade systems to include Aluminium windows, curtain wall profiles cladding systems, Glass polishing and general finishing works.
- To carry out designated coating operations using most appropriate equipment in a timely manner.
- Prevent damage to material surfaces during and after painting/coating.
- To inspect sheet glass for flaws (chips, cracks or roughness) and identify areas that need to be reworked.
- Repair scratches.
- Sand down and polish out any imperfections.
- Polish and finish to a high-quality standard.
- To assist the Project Team in complying to customer requirements with regards to finished project quality.
- Attend to general snagging and maintenance works to achieve the required quality standard for handover to client.
- Maintain areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Ensuring any paperwork is maintained in the correct manner.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/ Sustainability Policies.
- Maintaining areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by Manager.
Training & Development:
- System suppliers courses as and when available or applicable
- Knowledge of all systems/products being used
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
. Appropriate skill to carry out finishing repairs
- CSCS Card or equivalent (i.e. ICATS, Q-Card)
- Attention to detail.
- Good oral communications skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to work alone as well as with others.