An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join the team in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor.
Alumet is able to offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
You will be accountable for every aspect of successful valuation of projects to ensure monthly cash flow. This role will require the right candidate to be able to commute to our Head Office in Southam, Warwickshire and visit London sites as and when required.
- Monthly valuation of projects and preparation/agreement of final accounts.
- Assessing and pricing variations to contract works in a prompt manner in accordance with contract requirements.
- Working closely with Contracts Managers, Project Managers, Design Office and Production to assist in the project being delivered within budget.
- Preparation, submission and agreement of any cost claims against main contractors and sub-contractors.
- Re-measuring and comparing tender drawings to actual construction drawings.
- Preparing sub-contract orders.
- Assessing and valuing sub-contractor interim applications and agreeing final accounts.
- Preparation of cash flow information and close liaison with Accounts department in respect of same.
- Regular monthly departmental assessments and overdue payments.
- Following up due and overdue payments and taking necessary action.
- Checking fixers’ invoices for authorisation and ensuring all costs are managed and recovered where applicable.
- Monthly reporting on: projected cash flow, project margins, applications raised, payments received and costs to completion.
- Reporting monthly costs to Directors.
- Managing own workload and areas of responsibility.
- Maintaining areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Liaising with the Main Contractors’ Quantity Surveyors to create a good working relationship and attending meetings on site as required.
- Checking and editing monthly stock transfers to be reported to Accounts if required.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement of processes involving the QS and Contracts Departments.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Basic understanding of commercial and financial processes.
- QS experience must include working for a sub-contractor.
- Façade experience advantageous but not essential.
- Relevant higher education qualification, ideally BSc in Quantity Surveying.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong negotiator.
- Dispute management.
- High degree of initiative.
- Good letter writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.