An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Pre-Construction Manager to join the Refurbishment department in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor at our Head Office in Southam, Warwickshire.
Alumet is a family run business specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of building envelopes and facades. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
You will be responsible for supporting the team to deliver profitable, de-risked successful bids on time and to the highest quality whilst maintaining external relationships.
- Attend client meetings and visit key clients to ensure/secure long-term relationships for the company.
- Act as the key focal point during the tender processes to internal colleagues and external bodies including the client and suppliers.
- Work in conjunction with the Estimating team to develop competitive costings for tenders.
- Develop strategies to understand client needs whilst developing a strong relationship with them.
- Estimating and material take offs when required.
- Assess the risk in projects and mitigate the risk/solutions through early communication with Planning, Building Control, Design and/or tendering process. Additionally, identify residual risk in new orders at internal ‘hand over’ meetings.
- Champion high levels of commitment to the installation of premium quality products.
- Ensure decisions taken are clearly communicated and that relevant individuals have clear guidance to enable successful outcomes.
- To liaise with the Estimating team for contract terms, documents, negotiating agreements and amendments.
- Work closely with the Estimating, Pre-Construction and Design teams to secure successful outcomes.
- Assist with technical product design and purchase (when required).
- Involvement in handover meetings.
- Oversee projects through to successful completion.
- Assisting at pre-construction stage with the site team in setting up the site and notifying any relevant authorities.
- Maintain effective and long-term relationships with clients.
- Being pro-active in the identification and resolution of problems.
- Act as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embrace/support/promote the Company culture and values.
- To seek and develop ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Attend any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Ideally previous experience of pre–construction management role within a SME Main Contractor or similar role.
- Clear leadership skills.
- High degree of initiative.
- Strong negotiator.
- Technical experience and knowledge.
- Proven track record of interfacing with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and collaborative team player.
- Problem solving skills.
- Exhibit strong business acumen, skills and maturity and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Pro-active individual with the capability to influence decisions with clients, contractors and architects.
- Ability to work autonomously and have drive/character to succeed in all challenges the role brings.
- IT skills – be fully conversant with MS-Office software.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.