We are looking for a Logistics Site Manager to join the Construction department in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor on our site in London (NW3).
Alumet is a family run business specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of building envelopes and facades. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
You will be responsible for looking after all logistics processes on site, ensuring that materials are unloaded, stored and then distributed to the fitting teams as needed and in line with site requirements.
- Taking care of deliveries as they arrive to site, checking off the delivery notes and booking them in on the system.
- Communicate with Project Co-ordinator to ensure materials are picked and delivered to site as and when required (2-week look-ahead document to be used).
- Ensuring materials being received are in good order and correct to the delivery notes.
- Reporting any shortfall or damaged material; chasing up replacements.
- Distribution of material from the delivery vehicle horizontally and vertically within the confines of the site.
- Responsibility for stock control – fixings, COSHH, materials, plant and PPE.
- Responsible for storage of COSHH.
- Ensuring waste is kept to a minimum and that disposal procedures are implemented.
- Booking plant hire.
- Management of logistics site team.
- Maintaining areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Ensure all paperwork is maintained in the correct manner.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental /Sustainability Policies
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Experience of working in a Logistics department.
- Good product knowledge of the materials used within the business.
- Good IT skills.
- Good oral communications skills.
- Ability to work alone as well as with others.
- Organised and pro-active.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Good team player.
- CSCS card essential.
- FLT licence an advantage.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.