We are looking for a ‘Junior IT Support Technician’ to join the IT department in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor at our Head Office in Southam, Warwickshire.
Alumet is a family run business specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of building envelopes and facades. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
Working within a small team, you will be responsible for supporting the IT department in administering and improving the IT environment for all computer users within the Company.
- Providing technical support to staff in the office and remotely via face-to-face, telephone and remote based assistance.
- Updating the company website and intranet.
- Keeping information current in various company applications and directories.
- Creating and modifying users’ network accounts and permissions.
- Purchasing equipment for users and maintaining asset registers.
- Installing and configuring devices such as PCs, printers, wireless access points and telephones.
- Configuring mobile phones and tablets for company staff use.
- Troubleshooting issues with software configuration, networking and hardware issues, liaising with support providers where necessary.
- Making changes to the office telephone system directory.
- Helping with the creation of presentations and organisation charts.
- Identifying old/waste electrical equipment and organising the disposal of it.
- Being pro-active in the identification and resolution of problems.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- Embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- To comply with all Company policies
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Ongoing personal development.
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Minimum 12 month’s experience of working in an IT department.
- Confident and personable with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good administration skills.
- Organised, flexible and with a high degree of initiative.
- Experience with administering telephone systems – desirable.
- Experience in helpdesk support – desirable.
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritise workloads.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft based operating system windows 10 and Windows server
- Knowledge of Active directory and Group policy
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies, such as DHCP, DNS, Firewalls and Routing
- Basic SQL knowledge and experience with database systems such as MSSQL, MySql, MariaDB
- Passionate about technology, hungry to learn new things
- A full valid driving licence is essential as you may be required to visit other sites.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.