An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Façade Designer to join the team in this well established and fast growing leading façade contractor.
Alumet is able to offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
You will be responsible for producing elevations, sections and details for the full façade projects from preliminary sketches to construction issue drawings.
- Producing high quality general arrangement drawings in most cost efficient way for approval / construction / as built.
- Preparing fabrication drawings for bracketry and pressed metal in conjunction with location drawings.
- Producing glass and fixing schedules as and when requested.
- Liaising with architects and main contractors.
- Working to an estimate and project specification.
- Attending co-ordination meetings (internally and externally).
- Working to an agreed project programme.
- Ensuring that work is detailed in accordance with agreed sub-contract specification & programme.
- Producing details with commercial consideration given to products used.
- Identifying variations to contract during the design process.
- Issuing requests for information as and when required.
- Maintaining a register of drawings issued, including date issued and current revision of IRS form (in conjunction with the Document Controller).
- Ensuring compliance with the CDM regulations.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- Assisting with the preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Complying with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental /Sustainability Policies.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Complying with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- Complying with all Design Department procedures.
Training & Development:
- Product training courses as necessary, including curtain walling, windows, doors and rainscreens.
- Attending any other internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Building Regulations.
- Design software packages as necessary to carry out duties.
- Relevant NVQ/HND or Degree.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Experience within the curtain wall and façade industry.
- Ideally experience of the Schueco curtain wall and window system.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to research and develop products.
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
- Time management skills.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.