An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to join the team in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor.
Alumet is able to offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
You will be responsible for preparing and issuing tender quotations and ultimately securing orders. Target will be to achieve estimates of £70m a year.
- Reading all specification documents and drawings (Architects and Engineers).
- Producing and issuing compliant quotations in alignment with the Company’s procedures and approved documents.
- Following up quotations and begin negotiations with clients and feeding back to the Estimating Manager or Commercial Manager/Director.
- Obtaining costs for raw materials and sub-contract bought out items.
- Respond to all phone calls, e-mails and other communications, from clients, suppliers and Alumet senior management team.
- Attend meetings off-site when requested with the Commercial team from Alumet.
- Amend when required, original quotation and bills in line with changed instructions by both clients and Alumet senior management team.
- Obtain samples when requested by clients and Alumet senior management team.
- When contract is secured, issue handover documents and attend both external client meetings, raw material suppliers, bought in sub-contract work and internal Alumet meetings, under the request of the Commercial Manager.
- To comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Act as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Seek and develop ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Attend any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years estimating experience in the external facade market OR
- Minimum of 3 years estimating experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Good technical understanding of glass, windows, doors, aluminium curtain walling and rainscreen systems and fire related regulations.
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS-Outlook, Internet Explorer and PDF.
- Schuecal (Schuco Windows and Curtain walling).
- EValuate (Construction industry estimating software), or other construction estimating software.
- Basic AutoCAD experience would be beneficial.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.