We are looking for a Document Controller (part-time) to join the Design department in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor at our Design Office in Burntwood, Staffordshire.
Alumet is a family run business specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of building envelopes and facades. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
Working within a team, you will be responsible for assisting the Design department by helping to manage, maintain and distribute all technical documentation, as well as administrative support.
- Uploading and downloading internal and external project drawings on various systems.
- Documenting all drawing versions with comments on internal tracking spreadsheet.
- Keeping the internal tracking spreadsheet up to date.
- Revising the status of drawings as requested.
- Printing project drawings as requested.
- Maintaining areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Dealing with requests for further information as requested.
- To comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/ Sustainability Policies.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply with all Design Department procedures.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of MS-Word (intermediate level) and MS-Excel (advanced level).
- Experience of CAD preferable but not essential.
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Highly organised, flexible and pro-active.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workloads.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.