An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Contracts/Senior Site Manager to join the team in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor.
Alumet is able to offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
Purpose of job/basic function:
- You will have overall responsibility for managing the project team (design, procurement, manufacture and installation).
- To deliver the project to an agreed programme and budget.
- To communicate and work with the clients and their representatives to deliver the project.
- To manage sub-contract work packages.
- To manage and control planning and legal duties to execute the project works.
- To deliver building regulation compliance.
- To manage health and safety.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing teams on the project under your control.
- Controlling and allocating sub-contract labour, plant and access requirements
- Managing Health and Safety on site; rigorously following safe systems of work and relevant procedures.
- Reporting to senior management cost control.
- Leading/chairing meetings.
- Procurement of sub-contract packages up to specified value in conjunction with QS.
- Close co-ordination/communication with Main Contractor, Architect, Client, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers and Head Office, including assisting Production Department in dealing with suppliers if necessary.
- Agreeing monthly fixing sub contractors’ applications; ensuring correct documentation is in place and in line with budget/order.
- Agreeing and finalising sub-contract/supplier accounts in conjunction with QS.
- Strict control of Day work sheets and authorisation of sub-contractor’s sheets/invoices.
- Implementation of the fields view.
- Updating the ASTA system for the project.
- Achieve a high standard of quality and workmanship whilst managing own workload and areas of responsibility.
- Contractual administration and correspondence – accurate and detailed site records in place/ completed, ensuring that the O&M files are completed in line with contract requirements.
- Accurate and up to date daily/weekly site records, ensuring all Quality and H&S control documents are completed including Method Statements (any deviation from Alumet’s main Health and Safety Plan must be covered by a ‘task specific’ Method Statement).
- Continual review of methods of work, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability.
- Maintaining effective and long-term relationships with clients including provision of aftercare services.
- Risk Assessments to be prepared and complied with.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Being pro-active in the identification and resolution of problems.
- To carry out PDRs as necessary.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply and ensure you and those under your control comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the line manager.
Training & Development:
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Managing, supporting and mentoring members of the team in their personal development.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Identifying training needs and development within the department.
- Main contractor background essential (could be tier 2).
- Appropriate professional qualification with experience and knowledge.
- Current SMSTS/CSCS essential.
- Façade experience including curtain walling, cladding and windows and doors.
- Proven track record of leading and delivering successful projects with values of £6m and above.
- Strong client interface.
- Highly presentable with the ability to gain trust and respect.
- High degree of initiative.
- Good knowledge of Design desirable.
- High level of leadership and management skills.
- Technical experience and knowledge.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.