An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Contracts Manager (Midlands based) to join the team in this well established and fast-growing leading façade contractor.
Alumet is able to offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue-chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role.
In order to process your application, you must include a covering letter specifying why you are interested in this role, whether you have right to work in the UK (without needing sponsorship) and your annual salary requirements.
Purpose of job/basic function:
- You will have overall responsibility for the running of a number of contracts at any one time, from the receipt of the order through to the handover and completion.
- Ensuring all projects are delivered against budget and timescale.
- Leading and managing Project teams on the projects under your control.
- Reporting to Directors on progress, programme and cost control on allocated projects.
- Overseeing design and attending design meetings, as necessary.
- Procurement of sub-contract packages up to specified value (refer to limit of authority) in conjunction with QS.
- Assisting the Production Department in dealing with suppliers, as necessary.
- Ensuring close coordination and communication with Main Contractor/Architect/Client/Subcontractor.
- To ensure all site related Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and issued.
- Agreeing monthly fixing sub contractors’ applications; ensuring correct documentation is in place and in line with budget/order.
- Agreeing and finalising sub-contract/supplier accounts in conjunction with QS.
- Managing own workload and areas of responsibility.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Contractual administration, correspondence and ensuring accurate and detailed site records are in place and completed.
- Chairing design meetings and regular internal design/production review meetings.
- Ensuring the Operation and Maintenance File are completed in line with contract requirements.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Being pro-active in the identification and resolution of problems.
- To carry out PDRs as necessary.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply and ensure you and those under your control comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Director.
Training & Development:
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Managing, supporting and mentoring members of the team in their personal development.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Identifying training needs and development within the department.
- NVQ Level 6 Construction Contracting Operations would be an advantage but not essential
- Current SMSTS/CSCS essential.
- Façade experience including curtain walling, cladding and windows and doors.
- Proven track record of leading and delivering successful projects with values of £6m and above.
- Strong client interface.
- Main contractor background managing façade packages an advantage.
- Highly presentable with the ability to gain trust and respect.
- High degree of initiative.
- Good knowledge of Design desirable.
- High level of leadership and management skills.
- Technical experience and knowledge.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.