An excellent opportunity has arisen for a CNC Operator to join the team in this well established and fast growing leading façade contractor at our Head Office in Southam, Warwickshire.
Alumet is able to offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role working a late shift (Monday to Friday 2pm-10pm, although there can be some flexibility with hours worked).
IN ORDER TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION, YOU MUST INCLUDE ADDITIONAL NOTES SPECIFYING WHETHER YOU HAVE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK (WITHOUT NEEDING SPONSORSHIP) AND YOUR ANNUAL SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
- Set and operate a range of machines in preparation for material throughput.
- Launch programs and understand the best way to adjust machines to maximise output.
- Produce work to an acceptable standard as per the program and drawings issued by the production team.
- Solve basic machine problems. Unsolvable issues to be reported immediately to the Team Leader.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Work to set deadlines.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping throughout the Machine Shop.
- Comply with company H&S requirements.
- Ensure all paperwork is maintained in the correct manner.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of working with CNC machinery (preferably with aluminium or steel).
- Good oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Strong team player whilst being able to work autonomously.
- Excellent ability to follow plans with minimal supervision.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.