We are looking for an Assistant Site Manager to join the Construction team in this well established and fast growing leading façade contractor at one of our projects in London.
Alumet is able to offer design, manufacture and installation services for the complete building envelope, including aftercare and maintenance. We are one of the most respected specialist contractors in the UK, working with a broad range of blue chip contractors and clients in the UK. Our success is attributed to the fact that the whole team is committed to recognising client’s needs and providing innovative and efficient solutions. Staff, facilities, procedures and systems are all recognised as essential factors, resulting in a company that can excel in all client requirements. Everything that we do is focused on building quality on time.
This is a permanent role.
IN ORDER TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION, YOU MUST INCLUDE ADDITIONAL NOTES SPECIFYING WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE, WHETHER YOU HAVE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK (WITHOUT NEEDING SPONSORSHIP) AND YOUR ANNUAL SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
You will be assisting the Site/Project Manager to ensure successful on-site project delivery with responsibility for site installation.
- Liaising with sub-contractors, suppliers and Head Office.
- Contractual correspondence.
- Controlling and allocating site labour, plant and materials.
- Leading and managing sub-contractors/supply chain partners.
- Assisting in programming and planning of all works.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date daily and weekly site records and ensuring all Quality and Health & Safety control documents are completed.
- Ensuring a high standard of quality and workmanship is achieved.
- Preparing Risk Assessments and ensuring that these are complied with.
- Preparing Method Statements; any deviation from Alumet’s main Health and Safety Plan must be covered by a ‘task specific’ Method Statement. Ensuring that Method Statements are complied with.
- Managing Health and Safety on site; rigorously following safe systems of work and relevant procedures.
- Ensuring that all necessary checks and forms are completed prior to any work being undertaken.
- Ensuring all elements of the project are delivered within budget and within time constraints.
- To ensure that any absences from site are communicated to the Contracts Manager so that temporary cover can be arranged if required and any actions noted.
- Manage own workload in conjunction with the Site/Project Manager, Senior Site/Project Manager and Contracts Manager.
- Ensuring that all on site members of the Alumet team have individual name and Alumet labels on hard hats and also that they wear an Alumet Hi-Vis.
- Maintain areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Maintaining effective and long-term relationships with clients.
- Being pro-active in the identification and resolution of problems.
- Continual review of methods of work, alternative materials etc, in order to maximise commercial profitability.
- Provision of aftercare services to the client.
- Attending all site meetings as deemed necessary by Site/Project Manager, Senior Site/Project Manager or Contracts Manager.
- Implementing the Snag R system on site
- Strict signing off of sub-contractors’ sheets/invoices in conjunction with the Site/Project Manager, Senior Site/Project Manager or Contracts Manager.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply and ensure those under your control comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
Training & Development:
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Managing, supporting and mentoring members of the team in their personal development.
- Ongoing personal development.
- CSCS card.
- Façade experience including curtain walling, windows and doors.
- High degree of initiative.
- High level of leadership and management skills.
- Technical experience and knowledge.
- Commercial and financial ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Design background desirable.
Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd operates a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for recruitment agencies which is reviewed periodically. We do not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies who are not part of our current PSL. Receipt of unsolicited CVs does not imply an introduction to Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd and will be considered the property of Alumet Systems (UK) Ltd, therefore no ownership of such candidates will be given. We retain the right to pursue and hire such speculative candidates without any obligation to any third-party terms and conditions, even when these are submitted with the CV. We will not pay any agency fees associated with unsolicited third-party applications.